Next IMM Trade Consultation on 7 October in Barcelona
The IMM project will hold its next European Trade Consultation in Barcelona, Spain. The event will be supported by the Spanish Timber Trade Federation AEIM and the EU FLEGT Facility (EFI). The Consultation will take place at the Facility's headquarters at the Sant Pau Art Nouveau site on 7 October.
As always, the event will be an opportunity for the private sector to share feedback on experience with FLEGT-licensed timber and for timber businesses, and other industry stakeholders, such as specifiers and retailers, to hear about some of the latest findings of the IMM’s trade flow monitoring and survey work.
The Spanish trade consultation will feature three workshops on:
- Trends in the European tropical timber sector – background, reasons and solutions (Rupert Oliver, IMM)
- Presentation of IMM trade data
- Rating and discussion of drivers of decline and opportunities of the EU tropical timber markets by participants
- Q&A session with Rupert Oliver, María Torres Quevedo and José Brotons (both Spanish Competent Authority),
- Recognising priorities and purchase dynamics for tropical wood products. Assessing how supply chain relationships develop and the relevance or impact of FLEGT licenses. (Andrew Escott/George White)
- Architects' material sourcing practices and priorities (George White, IMM consultant)
- Indonesian timber products and FLEGT-licensing (Puri Listiyani, Director of Indonesian Trade Promotion Centre, Barcelona)
- Discussion of delegates own decision-making processes and priorities
- Progress in VPA implementation in selected African VPA partner countries/Challenges facing EU companies active in timber production in Africa
- VPA process/Final Joint Assessment in Ghana (Chris Beeko, Director of TVD, Ghana FC)
- VPA processes in Cameroon and Congo (EFI FLEGT Facility).
- Challenges facing European forestry and timber companies in Africa (Pascal Chomont, Product Manager and Sales Representative, Interholco)
The Consultation is proposed to close with a tour of the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site and a drinks reception.
|Event Date||07-10-2019 10:30 am|
|Event End Date||07-10-2019 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||09-07-2019|
|Cut off date||07-10-2019|
|Location||Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site|